4.10.2008

Florida Beaches

We drove down to Daytona Beach the other day. All I can say is that I was definatly missing Kialua Beach. It was cold and the sand was like gray clay and stuck to everything. Ok, I do have to say that it was overcast, cold and really windy. So, maybe if it wasn't for that the beach would have been fun and closer to Hawaii standards.

Max really liked it though. He would get down on all fours and grab the sand and move it around. For a split second I took my eyes off him and he totally put a handfull of sand in his mouth! Sick! But he didn't really seem to care so whatever.


Neither Ben or I know that much about Florida yet, but I hear that Daytona is not that great of a beach to go to. It would be like going to Ala Moana Beach in Hawaii, sort of. So hopefully we can find a Kailua Beach out here. I want to try Coco Beach next. I also want to go to a Nascar race! We drove past the big raceway and it looked like it would be so fun...you have to do it at least once I guess. It is good that I'm in a new place with things to do, now I will have something to blog about. Ha!











Here is Max returning to sea.

4 comments:

Noelle said...

That beach looks... nice! JK. Thats so cute he headed right for the water. He's like his mom and don't worry about the sand. It come out one way or another.

Anne said...

So, is he a merman? Are you really Ariel? I knew it!!!!

watsonshuffle said...

NASCAR??? I'm going to take Matt's view on this...Redneck. anyway, you look like you fit right in with Florida.

Stewart Family said...

I am glad that you guys made it! Congrats on having a beach in your state!! When we were there my brother drove us down to South Beach. It was pretty nice, you just had to watch out for nudity!