4.18.2008

Central Florida Zoo

Among all the fun things to see and do here in Florida there is the Central Florida Zoo. We decided to buy a year pass so that we would have somewhere fun to go anytime we wanted. The funny thing is it is cheaper than Hogle Zoo and you get like seven more months to visit the Zoo during the year hence winter. Burrrr!
It is small but fun. There is a little water park fountain area like at The Gateway. They have a train and a petting zoo! We visited the petting zoo the other day and it was so fun. Max loved it. Tina the Lama was there and Max touched her ear. He giggled so hard! He fed the goats for about two seconds and decided that he didn't like them taking away the food that was intend for them. So he played this little game where he would put his hand out to give the goats their food and then take
it away. He would turn around take a couple of steps away from the goats and then turn back around to do this all over again. I think he caught on to 'if I have food in my hand the animals will come'. It was pretty funny. I think Ben and I fed the animal more hoping that Max would catch on. He really like to watch the Leopards (East high bonzai).
If you will notice to Max's apparel...Yea long pants and shirt...Florida had a little cold spell and I was freezing! What a pansie huh. I think it got down to like 40 at night. At least it made for a good day at the Zoo.

4 comments:

Noelle said...

How fun! It's so neat to see Ben as a Dad. I wish we could have seen how he handled Max when he was an infant.

Anonymous said...

I love that you got a season pass. It's so great to not feel like you have to make the whole zoo in one day. Too much fun! I would have loved seeing Max have control of the food. Just make sure no geese are around! GrandmaD

Stewart Family said...

So fun! It looks like you guys are really enjoying Florida! I am glad that it is a sunny place, where you can go to the Zoo year round!

Anne said...

Yep, Hogle Zoo is lame...and cold. I'm glad there are better things out there.