9.27.2008

dough·nut: a small cake of sweetened or, sometimes, unsweetened dough fried in deep fat, typically shaped like a ring or a ball.

I miss the mountains!!!! I miss the sounds. The smells. The flowers. The dirt. You never realize what you have until its gone. Florida is so flat. I think the highest elevation point is like 80 feet. The only hill close by is the landfill. It is my goal to make it to the mountains at least once during our visits to SLC.

The three of us went to doughnut falls. It was short and sweet but worth it. When I was younger this was the hike that the YW did every girls camp. I even had a b-day camp party and hiked up there once. Oh the memories. It looks a lot different know after the side of the mountain slid off and covered the doughnut. That was the best part of the whole hike, being able to hike up into the cave and watch the water thunder down into the carved out dome. We would eat our lunches up in the cave.

We crossed the river and then waded out onto a little island to throw rocks. Max had fun watching Ben make huge splashes with the big rocks. Max went for the big ones too but then opted for the pebbles because he could actually pick those up.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I miss the mountains, too. I know Cali isn't as flat as Florida, but everytime I'm back in SLC and see the beautiful mountains I'm like, "Man, I love this place!!" Kristine was talking about having a 'girls night/weekend' at her Alta cabin either this winter or in the spring... we gotta push her to do it!!

Max is so adorable, BTW.

xoxo.

suzi said...

Ditto Bre, that would be soo fun!

Andrea, I love your pictures. That sounds like it was such a fun little hike. I remember going on a date up there once and I totally swallowed a bug and was choking and coughing like crazy! I was so embarrassed, and my date was like, "Having a tough time with all this clean mountain air?!" :P

I love it up there! We need to go on hikes together next time you're here, depending on how huge I am!

Noelle said...

We're sad we didn't get to Utah before you left. But it was fun seeing Ben. Kurt was so bummed he didn't get see him and says he'll make sure he does next time. We went up the mountains the other day to chop trees for fire wood and we loved it. Especially with all the trees changing. We miss you guys!

Alta said...

I love going up into the mountains. The fresh air does such good things for us. You are also lucky to be by the ocean, that is something I miss too.