7.04.2008

Again?

Now that Max can walk around and go and pretty much do what he wants, with a few exceptions, he is so busy. There is so much that captures his attention that the saying 'so much to do so little time' certainly applies to Max. For him to do everything he want he has to go full speed ALL the time. I don't mind keeping up but it is the falling over and over that I hate. Some days are defiantly better than others, but on this particular day he fell numerous times and he seemed to keep falling face first onto everything. The law of attraction could be at work here, I don't know? His poor little lip turned into a poor huge lip! Once on the concrete outside, again on the table and then last but certainly not least the carpet inside. I don't know where his hands were but they weren't in front of him that is for sure. Sad little guy. Yesterday he managed to scrape both his knees within seconds of each other. So much for a night time walk. Do you ever notice that when your trying not to hit something or drop something that's exactly what happens?! This is the story of my life. Stuff like this always happens to me and I get so frustrated at how clumsy I can be sometimes. The earliest memory I have is when I was learning to ride a two wheeler at my elementary school playground. I had finally gotten the hang of it and I was riding around in circles while my dad took a much needed rest. Well I decided to ride over and show him how good I was at riding. I headed right over to the jungle gym that he was sitting on and slammed right into it. I remember my dad yelling 'brake, BRAKE'! It was like a magnet I couldn't do anything. Speaking of magnets, excuse me I have to laugh out loud here, I remember this one time when I was roller blading with my best friend. We were going home to my house and that ment lots of steep hills. We were nearly to the end of one hill and she couldn't brake hard enough to slow down. Panic struck and she slammed right into a huge wall that was a window to a restaurant. Being the good friend that I am I laughed at her, sorry Annie. But seriously how would you like to be the person sitting on the other side of the window eating your sandwich?

9 comments:

GrandmaAndGrandpaDerrick said...

Love the do. Let's hear it for tubby-time!

watsonshuffle said...

How cute is that picture! The falling just comes with the territory of learning how to walk...its all part of the experience.

Marti said...

He's so cute!
When Thomas was little he fell ALL THE TIME! There was a time when he had a goose egg on his head, a black eye and bite marks all over his back (from Abby) all at the same time. I got some pretty strange looks from people.
Anyway, hopefully it will get better and he won't fall quite so much. :)

Noelle said...

That's so sad! We were supposed to take family pictures and we has postpone because Brody fell on his head twice in the same day on the same spot. He had a HUGE blue goose egg on his forehead for almost two weeks. It's so sad when they get hurt. But Max still looks so cute with his huge lip!

Anne said...

Before I had kids, I always suspected child abuse on that age...then I had a kid (a boy no less) and realized that's life with a busy little boy. It is sad, though.

Amber said...

Hi Andrea, So sorry it took me so long to come and say Hi, I am so glad you left me a comment, it is always fun to catch up! Max is so cute, and it sounds like a lot of fun to be living in Florida! I totally forgot about Annabell, the bank dog (on Saturdays only of course). Say Hi to Ben for me, and be sure to keep coming by, I hope Max stops falling so much, poor guy!

Ritch in Love said...

I gotta say that *SMACK!* into the window had me laughing pretty hard!
Poor little guy's lip! So sad!

Stewart Family said...

Hi there, Happy belated Birthday!!

Derrick said...

that picture that max has with the mohawk is awesome! he looks like mike when he has is mouth open for a dumb look. wait, thats his face.....never mind. ha ha ha Happy Birthday! sorry i didn't call you!