7.24.2008

Beach Day

On the top of Sarah and Teds to do list was the beach. Yesterday we drove down to New Smyrna to spend the day surfing, boogie boarding and playing in the water. We had a lot of fun and it was such a nice day. The sun was out and there was a nice sea breeze. First thing was first, we rented a surf board and hit the waves. They were perfect for beginners (and me). Max loved running around in the sand and coming out in the waves with me. After an hour of playing Max and I went back out in the waves to cool off and he fell asleep on my shoulder while we were standing in the waves. He was one tired little guy. I was offered some shade under someones umbrella and I sat there while Max took a hour long nap. It was so nice of those ladies to share their shade. We would have roasted other wise. Sarah and Ted were pros on the surf board. They got up a ton. We took our small grill and grilled some hot dogs for lunch. In Hawaii we could always spot a tourist because their skin was the color of a tomato. Well the same goes for Florida. Even though it is summer, and Ted and Sarah did put on sunscreen, they still got burned. It was lots of fun and I am happy to report that the shark attack that happened yesterday did not affect any of us. Phew!!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a nice blog. I like it!

watsonshuffle said...

How fun to have company! Looks like you painted the town red with your visitors...can we come next?