7.28.2008

Blue Springs with Ted and Sarah


On Thursday we all went to Blue Springs Park. We bought some tubes and put our sunscreen on and hiked up river to float down the river. We bought Max a special bodysuit (seen below) for the occasion. I have always been really against these little suits because they look so dorky, but my imagination kept getting the better of me and I kept picturing Max jumping out of my arms while we were floating down river and sinking to the bottom. Then me being the vertically challenged person that I am, I could see myself not being able to touch the bottom to save him and you can guess the rest. Anyway, I gave in and got the dork suit so it would be harder for him to possibly drown. It was so much fun to float down the river. Max loved it he totally just chilled in my arms which was a nice surprise for me cause I thought he would be all over the place hence the dork suit. He just sat back and was so excited to be on the 'boat'. The trees were so tall and covered with moss and it was just green every where. It was super hot again so the water felt so nice and it was so clear. It wasn't to crowed either. Ben and Ted attacked each other and Sarah and I just relaxed and floated down the river. It was so fun that when we got to the end we had to go again. It was a lot of fun and we left just in time for the afternoon thunderstorms.



2 comments:

Noelle said...

That looks like fun! The water looked cold though. Don't worry about Max looking like a dork he's still cute even with that awful suit on. He'll only hate you until he has kids and understands! :)

watsonshuffle said...

That looks awesome! It must free of alligators, but I thought I saw one in one of the pics...hmmmm.