7.23.2008

Gator Land with Ted and Sarah

Yes we are still alive...I can't believe how fast time goes by sometimes. It has been a little rough lately with Max, he is getting two new teeth (do kids get molars this young? Cause that's what they look like). He is a good sleeper but he has been restless during naps and night time since these teeth decided to come in. During the day he is just really needy and sad so needless to say my blogging time or free time has been spent sleeping or just relaxing. Actually I think it has been a combination of that and that there hasn't been anything really going on. But now I finally have time and something to write about! Uncle Ted and Aunt Sarah are here to visit!! I am way excited that they are here. I grew so attached to these two when Ben and I were staying with the Tylers. They were so fun to hang out with and I miss them!

Today we went to Gator land. There were lots and lots of huge crocs and a stifling heat wave. The first thing we did when we got to the park was see a wresting show. Can I just say that even though I am not partial to reptiles and non-fuzzy/cute animals I felt really bad for these guys. I couldn't watch the show without feeling sad for these animals. They have a few crocs swimming in a moat that encircles a sand stage where they are wrestled for our entertainment. The wrestlers get in the two foot deep water, grab the crocs by their tails and heave them up and out of the water onto the sand and are then poke, prodded and wrestled. Anyway, enough animal rights talk. We all had a lot of fun walking around and looking at all the crocs and really bad tourist tank tops. They also had other animals there. They had lots of beautiful colored parrots, a petting zoo(no crocs involved) and even a splash park which was heaven sent since it was SOOO HOT! We climbed to the top of a tower that over looked a river spotted with crocodiles. They were HUGE! I had a brief moment of fear at the top when I imagined myself accidentally loosing hold of Max and him climbing over the edge into the river and me jumping in after him and then finding him but not being able to hoist him up to someone and then eventually being eaten by crocodiles. (Can you image my dreams at night?)

At the top of the tower we were able to get above the tree line a little and see a big storm that had been looming for about an hour coming our way. As soon as we got down it dumped! It was like someone had popped a water balloon above our heads. Everyone was huddled under the cover walkway including two peacocks waiting for it to pass. It didn't pass and we got drenched going to the car. At least Max liked running in the rain. It was a fun day just hanging out. Max loves to have Ted and Sarah around. He was very confused when he woke up in the morning and they were here but after a couple of minutes he climbed into their laps just like old times.





3 comments:

Stewart Family said...

Looks like a lot of fun! You gotta love it when family comes to visit!! I love the photo of Max and his uncle on the gator... I had to do a double take, because it really looks real! I new you wouldn't really put Max on a live gator, but in the photo it looks so alive :o)

Noelle said...

Yay your alive!! Those pesky teeth. Yup they're molars alright. Brody has all four of his. They still seem so young huh? That gator land looks fun! I know exactly what you mean about nightmares. When kurt's family was here I had five dreams a night that one of them was supposed to be watching him while that person thought someone else was watching him and then he'd drown or get hit by a car. Seriously I didn't sleep the entire time they were here. We miss you guys tons!

Anne said...

Gatorland sounds depressing. Poor crocs!!!