5.30.2008

Why is Max being so quiet...

I can't wait until meal time with Max gets cleaner and shorter! I swear I feel like I am feeding and cleaning him all day. I even have to go to great lengths sometimes to entertain this child in his highchair. Sometimes I pull him up to the utinsil drawer so he can pull wooden spoons and spatulas out. Other times he points to everything in the kitchen and I walk around saying this? this? this???? Handing him a variety of things. Well on this particular day we were sitting by the pen drawer. I thought that he would love to play with some highlighter markers. You know the kind where they snap into each others bottoms and make long swords. I made sure that the caps were on tight and handed over a three marker sword. It kept him entertained long enough to finish breakfast. (He is way into puzzle kinds of things, making things fit together and putting one object into another...like making marker swords.) I was cleaning up...feed, clean, clean, feed...I thought to myself Max is being very quiet I wonder what he is up to. Then I turned around to see him walking into the kitchen with a marker in hand and bright yellow highlighter scribbled on his face. He pretty much wore it for the rest of the day. Isn't motherhood great! (I not being sarcastic either) I thought it was so cute!
This picture is for Aunt Charlotte...Congratulations on graduation!!

4 comments:

Noelle said...

That's so funny! I love it that kids are quiet when they're in to trouble. That's funny trouble, Drew broke a huge jar of pickles today, not so funny trouble.

Anne said...

Gotta love little boys. They are trouble.

watsonshuffle said...

Yeah, quiet is usually not a good thing with children. I bet you had a good laugh...you can't be mad too long when you see a face with scribbles on it.

GrandmaAndGrandpaDerrick said...

Hmmm...this looks like another marker fight I remember you and Ben having when you were dating. Must be in the genes.... I'll have to find the picture.