5.22.2008

I love being 'IT'

Ok, so I am finally going to do my tags-thanks Noelle and Loni. I have a 'husband' tag and a 'six random things' tag. Loni put it perfect when she said, "Just goes to show you how terrible I was at childhood games, when I was 'it' I was too slow to tag someone else so I remained 'it' for a long time."
So here we go...

1.How long have you been together? 8 years, 3 months, 3 weeks, 1 day, 10 hours and 5 minutes.
2.How long did you date? 4 months...oh my gosh!
3.How old is he? 30
4.Who eats more? Ben

5.Who said 'I Love You' first? Me
6.Who is taller? Ben, but I think he shrunk a couple of inches.
7.Who is smarter? I think we have to include Annabell here. She was potty trained faster than either Ben or I. Though come to think of it Ben learned how to fetch pretty quick.
8.Who does the laundry? I don't even think that Ben knows which one is the washer and which one is the dryer.
9.Who does the dishes? Both, Ben washes by hand and I use the dish washer. Ben likes to wash by hand because as soon as the rack fills up that means he is done and that the rest of the dishes 'need to soak'.
10.Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? I do and I get the soft pillow too.
11.Who pays the bills? Both of us.
12.Who mows the lawn? That is way we live in an apartment complex.
13.Who cooks dinner? That depends on your definition of cook...we both do. Ben does a little more I think.
14.Who is more stubborn? Me
15.Who kissed who first? Ben kissed me first then I kissed him back.
16.Who asked who out? Kristine. She lined us up on a blind date. Yea for Bob Dylan!
17.Who proposed? He did.1
8.Who is more sensitive? Me, but secretly I think its Ben.
19.Who has more siblings? Ben, three brothers and three sisters. I have two awesome brothers.
20.Who wears the pants in the relationship? Pants?

I think six random things is a lot harder than just answering questions but anyway...

1.Last September I did the Ogden Valley Triathlon, my first ever. I loved it! I did the Sprint distance which was::: Swim 750 meters, Bike 18 miles, Run 3.1 miles. My number was
3564, my total time was 01:50:35.33 and Max was 5 months old. My awesome sister in-law did it with me and we had so much fun. The energy that was there was so exciting, it felt like kissing Ben for the first time...hahaha! Next time I will really cut down on my transition time, I think I wasted a lot of time there. I think the most awkward thing was my wet suit (in Florida we don't need wet suits! Hooray!). I had to turn it inside out and roll it up my body. Getting a wet one off was hard...good thing that the transition area was a little ways away from the lake cause I had time to peel it off. It was a good learning experience for future triathlons...Ironman here I come!

2. My childhood movie crush was Atrau from the Neverending Story. And it wasn't just because he had white stallion. I still have a soft spot in my heart for him but now it has been replaced by Ryan Gosling. Did you know that he used to be a practicing Mormon??

3. I love to sew and be creative. My mom taught me to sew on her old machine when I was in fifth grade. I would sit upstairs in my room and make millions of little pillows. Now I have graduated into big pillows. I love to embroider things too. A few years ago I found a new passion of quilting. I joined a group that met every month and exchanged squares. I learn lots of neat tricks. I finished my first quilt a few years ago and am in the middle of one now.

4. I used to play doggie dress up, but not so long ago Annabell wore a pink princess costume for Halloween. But now I have Max as my muse. I loved to crimp and primp my pet pooch Bismark. From when I was about 2 my dog endure me dressing him up, brushing him and giving him bubble baths. I really did crimp his (yes it was a he) hair and curl it with a curling iron. I puffed it up and put hairspray on him. Poor dog! I can't believe my mom let me...or maybe she didn't know?

5. I love breakfast foods. I could eat them for every meal. I love french toast and german pancakes...and eggs and toast and pancakes. I love it all. I also can't eat lunch foods before I have breakfast. Even if it is one o'clock and I haven't eaten yet I still can't muster to eat a sandwich.

6. My first date with Ben was a blind date thanks to Kristine. Ben had tickets to a Bob Dylan concert with Paul Simon opening. We doubled with his friend Rich Green. We went to the Training Table for dinner. Ben was recovering from a car accident and was using crutches to walk. For those of you that live outside of Utah and have never been to the Training Table you order your food on a telephone and they buzz your table when it is ready to be payed for and picked up. Our buzzer went of and Ben asked me if I would mind getting the food since he obviously wouldn't be able to carry it back to the table. I said sure, paused for a second then reached for my purse and went to get the food. I paid for the food and brought it back to the table. It was so yummy! I love that place. We got in the car and turned the corner when all of the sudden Ben said 'Stop, I forgot to pay'. I said 'I got, it don't worry'. We all just laughed and Ben was so apologetic. His excuse now is that he was too doped up from all the pain meds.

Now I could tag a few people but I don't want to leave anyone out of the golden opportunity of doing their own tag. So if you read this all, TAG, your it.

4 comments:

Stewart Family said...

Good job on the triathlon! That is awesome! I am with you on the breakfast food! I love it and can't eat anything else until I have had breakfast either :o) I forgot all about the Training Table! Utah is very good for lots of fun/yummy places to eat!!

Amelia Hohl said...

Andrea! I can't believe you found me! You look darling as usual and it sounds like you have a fun life down in Florida. I'm actually in Pittsburgh, but I was in NYC for 4 years before that. I looked how far Allentown is from Pittsburgh since you said you can fly up there, but it's quite a drive. Not that you couldn't just fly wherever you want, right? So fun that you did a triathlon. I did a few last year, but I'm like 6 months pregnant right now so I'll totally miss this whole season. You can probably do them all year round in Florida, huh. I've never even been there! I've totally been thinking about you lately though because I've been practicing my "glomer" voice that we perfected almost 20 years ago because it makes Henry laugh so hard. I love having that random ability! Do you talk to your baby Max in that voice ever? I bet you do:) haha. Anyway, email me at Ameliainitalia@gmail.com if you ever get the inclination. It was so good to hear from you!
Amelia

Noelle said...

I had no idea you did a triathlon! That is crazy! I have absolutely no desire to work out that hard for that long. Way to go! I love the posts! Don't worry though, I'm tired of paying tag.

Anne said...

Nice. I love that you paid on the first date. I also had no idea you were such a seamstress. Tags are very informative.