4.29.2009

Map My Ride/Run

So I have been running and biking a lot of new routes lately. (I like to mix things up a little down here in Florida). Not so much when I am biking but when I run I am always wondering how far I have really gone. I generally just calculate things in my head or when I lose track I just go off my time. Sometime afterwards I take a little car ride to see exactly how far I did go. I found this free website that keeps track of all your workout stuff! It even saves all your routes and calculates the mileage, which I am the most excited about. So instead of always having to google map your routes EVERY time or even taking a short car ride (but long enough for your legs to cramp up) it saves it for you and also track your fitness. Way cool.
I am getting ready to run a 25k with Kristine on the 9th and am running out of places to go on my long runs. I hate to do a short run twice! Capital B-oring! Here in Sanford to some of the neighborhoods are to hoodish to run through so I am sort of limited around here. But most of them are so beautiful. I love having year round good weather to workout in! Here is my route I did today and it was so fun. So just go to mapmyrun.com for running or mapmyride.com for biking and have a good workout!
View Interactive Map on MapMyRide.com

4 comments:

Noelle said...

You are so good! Good luck on your 25K. I'm planning on starting to work out after my 6 week recovery period is up. Which is tomorrow! Haha, we shall see.

Orme Family said...

The count down is on girl. I am super excited to see you!

Stewart Family said...

Sweet!! I am training for a 10 mile in September. That will be a big help, I am sick of jumping in my car just to check how far :o) Good luck on your run!!

Dane and Alicia said...

Holy smokes thats a long run! That is so cool you are doing the 25k, good luck! I think I could do it on a bike, but not run. Way to go girl!