4.02.2009

Just Living

Wow, I missed a whole month! I guess we have been having to much fun around here. Actually its due to our dying computer...it was a long and slow death. That and our Internet connection was not that great. I would sit down to check email and I would be one sentence into typing and the computer would shut down! So between the computer shutting down without notice and our very low wireless signal I haven't done much of anything on the computer.


I have however read a couple books in my spare time. First was Icy Sparks. Has anyone read this one?? It was great. Another memoir, this one is about a ten year old girl who develops turrets syndrome. Its on Oprahs book list (not the reason I read it, but). Some funny, sad and very human experiences in it. I liked it. Also the Alchemist. I am not quit done but so far so good.

Kristine, my friend, called me a couple of weeks ago and invited me to do a 25k with her in May. I was all for it! I need some kind of goal and what better than to do it with a friend! I am really excited. I have been looking and finding all sorts of awesome triathlon and duathlons and even running races but have yet to sign up for anything. They are all expensive and I swear there is always a conflict. I did a 5k a couple weeks ago and it was really fun. I even got a two friends from my ward to do it with me. I set my goal at 25 minutes and made it! I got fourth place and won a Hummer! Well I did get fourth place for my age group and 24th place over all. I love the excitement in the air! That is what is the most fun for me.

Max is a little swimmer! Michael Phelps watch out! He jumps (falls) into the pool all by himself and swims to you without any help. At first my heart stopped but now I am ok. He does really good. He spends a lot of time under water. He will come up for air and go right back down and just look around. I bought some goggles for him to try but he doesn't like them. Maybe it was the suction?? Ben and Max will jump from the hot tub to the pool and back again. Everytime Max comes up with a huge smile on his face. The pool is freezing too! Max loves it.

I know this looks weird but this is how he sits in the hot tub...he must like the sound.

2 comments:

Stewart Family said...

Max is so cute! That is so fun that he is a little water baby, you live in a good place for that :o) Your races sound like so much fun, I have been looking for a 5K to do out here. One of these days we will have to meet up when you come to Utah! How is Ben's job??

Orme Family said...

Cute pics. The race is on girl. It will be an experience to remember. You know, if Ben wants to fly in for it, we could let the boys have some time together too. Dave would LOVE it.