5.16.2009

One Week Later


Last Saturday was my 25k that I had been looking forward to for a while!! I loved getting out there and seeing all the strong athletes and the people like me that are there to just have a good time. It's great that everyone shares a common love for running. I love the anticipation before the race to! Even during the race I had such a sense of excitement or maybe its was because I had to go to the bathroom so bad from drinking all that Gatorade!

Grand Rapids was really pretty! It rained on us for the first two miles so I was totally wet the entire time but it wasn't so bad. My shoes were a little soggy and totally smell now. But that's just an excuse to get new ones, right? I felt awesome the whole time and even the last 6 miles I just wanted to go! It was hard to pace myself cause I was so excited. But I picked up the pace the last 6 and then the last mile I just ran as hard as I could. It felt great to cross the finish line. I couldn't believe that it was over so soon. All that waiting and looking forward to this trip and it was over. I am really looking forward to more races and the best part was is that I did it with my friend! What a great memory! Thanks Kristine!!

4 comments:

Anne said...

Way to go girls!!!!

Noelle said...

You are amazing!! I couldn't run if my life depended on it. I need to do something though because I can already feel that this preggo fat is going to be harder to get off than the other times. You're my hero!

Orme Family said...

That was awesome Andrea. I feel the same way about it as you. What a great experience. I wish every person could get out there and do a race and see what it feels like!

Stewart Family said...

Good job!! How fun to have a friend to do it with.

I am impressed with your ability to hold your pee :o) After two kids my bladder is so weak when I am running, I can barely last my three miles. I don't think there is anyway that I could do a 25K with out a bathroom stop :o)