10.31.2008

We're going on a witch hunt, We're going to find a big one!

The last couple of days have been tons of fun! Halloween is the start of the holiday season and what a way to start. First of all the weather in Utah has been so nice the past week. Low 70's during the day and 50's at night (my favorite). The leaves are all sorts of beautiful colors and the sky is a perfect blue contrast. I love Utah! The day before Halloween I met up with my beautiful friend Loni and her two kids at Gardner Village. There were witches everywhere! We walked around and looked at the shops, tried to take pictures of three kids and then had dinner at Archibald's. Yumm. Max has been such a good little walker lately that I decided not to bring a stroller. The consequence to that decision was that he tried to steal every stroller that was empty. He did a good job keeping up and Devon was so nice and gave Max a few rides in Tessa's stroller. Then after we left we headed to G & G Tyler's to carve pumpkins. Max loved this!! I put him right up on the counter to help Grandpa T spoon out the guts. He got his own spoon to scoop with and even confiscated grandpas spoon. He would reach in and feel around and dig a little. He really like dropping his spoon inside and fishing it out. He was so excited that he kept saying 'HI' to everyone that was gathered around. I think everyone got a hi from Max.

The next day was Halloween and I really didn't know how I was going to a) get the costume on Max and b) keep it on without him hating me for the rest of his life. He did not like it. I tried it on him a few times before and he just cried and screamed. I decided that bribery was my best bet. I got a cookie for each hand and put him in a fast as I could. He was soooo cute!! I took him to the mirror so he could look at himself. I guess he decided that it was ok because he kept it on for the next half hour so I could take pictures. I wanted to get as many pictures as I could just in case I wasn't able to get the costume back on him later for trick-or-treating. After his nap grandma T came over a bribed Max into his costume with a pumpkin Pez dispenser. Then we headed down to Grandpa T's office for the Halloween party. He trick-or-treated at all the different offices and got some black balloons (so much better than the candy). Max was so good! He kept the costume on ALL night! My favorite part was watching him from behind because he had a major elephant wedgie all night. It was so cute. We went to the circle party and had root beer and grapes. He got lots of candy and had fun looking at all the different costumes that the kids wore. What a trooper!
Grandpa T even dressed up as Santa for Halloween...they also turned on the lights for the full effect.

4 comments:

Amelia Hohl said...

Haha! I can't belive both of our boys were elephants for Halloween. I can't believe we haven't spoken yet. Is life really that busy? Cute photos!

Noelle said...

That is hilarious!! I LOVE Max's costume!!

watsonshuffle said...

That elephant costume is adorable on Max. Costumes are so much better on the child than on a hanger. Thanks for the fun time at Gardner Village.

Ritch in Love said...

Hi you guys! Just wanted to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving!