10.30.2008


I finished The Host about a month ago and am now just finishing my half done post. So for all you Stephanie Meyer fans out there have you finished her non-Twilight book? What did you think? Have you seen the trailer yet?? I was surprised that she had a trailer. It took me a few hundred pages to get into this book. I didn't get totally into it until about page 400 and then I couldn't put it down. I stayed up one night until 2 am reading it. Arrgh.
The hardest thing for me was the beginning. I could not separate Melanie from Wanda. It really bugged me and I could only read a few pages at a time. That and the whole conflict within herself thing going on and on and on started to get on my nerves. The whole 'that's not my nature' bit. S.M. has a tendency to drawl things out for a long time (like with Bella and her 'I'm-the-victim').

I would recommend it. On a scale from 1 to 10 I would rate it a 6.5 (It needs a half in there). Did anyone else read it??

1 comments:

Anne said...

I really didn't like it. I thought the underground life was really depressing. The love story was very S.M.