8.31.2008

The water is five feet high and rising

(Befores and afters)







In my whole life I never wished that it would stop raining. I don't think Utah has seen, in a whole season, as much water as Florida sees in a day. It is crazy how much water there is...it is almost enough to makes us kinda nervous. I think we probally have only a couple more feet left before the water is sloshing at our front door. An older local guy said in all his life he has only seen it like this twice before. I only have one picture of Lake Monroe before the rising water. I took a few picture to show you how much the water has risen.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get the galoshes!

Sandbags are available, weather permitting, at the Public Works Complex located at 800 W Fulton Street. Residents may receive up to (20) bags per residence & are asked to bring a shovel. The sand pile is located off Seminole Blvd (17/92) Which is 1 mile north of the intersection of 17/92 & W 1st Street (SR46) & just East of the City of Sanford Reclaim Water Plant. :) love mom

Alta said...

We have been watching the storm and have been worried about the 3 of you. Know that your little family is in our prayers. I wish that there was something I could do. Looks like your mom is on top of it. Keep us posted and let us know how you are. ps it was so fun seeing you in slc. I had a blast catching up! Love ya!

Stewart Family said...

Oh Man!! Looks crazy, I can't believe all the water. Don't you love when those record breaking things happen in the state just when you move in. Everyone in WI kept telling us; "that was the worst winter we have seen in 50 years!" (thanks a lot!)

Hope those last couple feet of water don't come.

Noelle said...

Scary!! But I LOVE those pictures. Did you take all of the those?