8.15.2009

Another Fun Time in the Desert

We had lots of fun in SLC as always. The weather was nice and dry, a good change from the thick humidity. I think my favorite part of going to SL is that Ben and I get lots of chances to be together...alone. We are super lucky anyway cause we get lots of time together in Florida but we always have our cute little buster with us (which we love). But I love just hanging out, us two :) We spent a night up at The Bird and it was great. We watched TV (which we never get to do because we don't have TV at home) we hiked, went out to dinner, went to the steam room and just sat on our scenic mountain view balcony and read our books! It was so relaxing and quiet. Ahhhh. It was so beautiful! All the wildflowers were in bloom and the crisp mountain air was so refreshing. Now for you mountain folk reading this your probably like yea, yea whats the big deal. But let me emphasis that I miss the MOUNTAINS! I miss the huge rocks, towering cliffs, little streams and pine trees everywhere. The sounds the smells and even the little woodland creatures. We did see a moose and a cute little fox which made our mountain getaway complete.
Well Max couldn't get enough Grandma and Pampa time. He was in heaven. He even pointed out when everyone (Us, G&G Tyler and G&G Derrick) was standing in a circle talking that there are "two grandmas".

Max was very excited to eat blackberries at grandma Tyler's. He always talks about it. Everyday he would go outside in the back yard and pick off a few berries and eat them. I asked if he would pick one for me and he would go over and pick it and start walking back but it never made it to my mouth. It was just to long of a walk with a tempting blackberry in hand.


Max went to the zoo twice, Liberty Park a couple of times and got lots of rides in the Jeep with big bumps. He ate lots of ice cream and cookies. It was great fun!

7 comments:

Noelle said...

Hahaha, that first picture is so cute! That sounds like you guys had fun! When I read that Max was picking blackberries it reminded me of when Ben and Kurt hiked Stairway to Heaven and Kurt started eating "wild raspberries." But these sound legit and good!

Stewart Family said...

Sounds like a fun trip. We can totally relate to the mountain thing. When we got here from WI we were obsessed with going up into the mountains. Sean hiked all through the winter, just to get the mountain time in :o)

Leah and Daniel said...

These pictures made my day! Especially his pants. We hope he's not a plumber in training though! :)

Leah and Daniel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
suzi said...

So cute. Could you be any more gorgeous in that pic? Sounds like the bird couldn't have been any better. It's amazing how nice alone time is sometimes! Cute Max...he's getting so big! Can't wait to hang out again!

Adri said...

You look so hot it all of your pictures!!! What is your secret? I ran into Mitzi and Dustin over the weekend and got me thinking about you! It's good to see you are doing well! I know we say this every time but next time you are in town call me and so we can get together! Maybe we could have a WF reunion!!

Alta said...

Look how big Max it, he is so adorable! I am so happy that you and Ben got some time away ALONE! That is the best for sure, and how can take the mountains for granted? Whenever I make it up a canyon I always wonder why I am not up in them more often! It was way fun to see you, and you look stunning with long hair might I add!