1.08.2009

I don't feel like dancing anymore.

Jeez has that been up for long enough now! I have really been meaning to write about a few things but really have not felt like blogging. I have kinda gotten out of the habit/desire to write about things that are going on. So this entry will be a bunch of little things that I have been meaning to write down.

So Sunday was fast and testimony meeting at church. It was a great meeting. There were three more minutes on the clock and I for some crazy spiritual reason got up with Max and headed to the pulpit. I just wanted to express my overwhelming gratitude for our Savior and the love he gives me. I made it short and sweet, one cause it was the end of the meeting and two because Max was reaching and squirming for the mic. Amen, and just when I turned to go, Max got the mic and bore his testimony in one clear word...Airplane. Wish you could have been there!

On Christmas Eve day we went to go look at the big airplane that Dad flies. We took and Ben (Max's friend) and Matt (Ben's dad) too. I made sure I had my camera and when we got to the plane what do you know, the card was not in the camera! Dangit!! We could have gotten so many cute pictures. Ben and Max had soooo much fun climbing on the seats, opening and closing the windows and running down the isles. When we finally made it to the cockpit the climbed up into the seats and they were in heaven. They made airplane noises, said airplane repeatedly and pushed all the buttons. I bet we played in there for at least an hour. Later they walked around outside and touched the planes nose and its dirty wheels. They walked around holding hands pointing at the airplane and telling each other 'airplane, airplane'. It was lots of fun. Hopefully we can do this more and get the airplane bug out of Max before he grows up!
Max is a character! He has been lots of fun lately (not that he isn't always fun). He kissed my glasses yesterday during our storytime before naptime. He thought he was so funny and I thought it was so funny that he thought he was so funny that we just sat there and laughed. He has been going around the house and labeling things as mama's or dada's. Most of the time things are dada's but when something is mine he says mada's. I guess he knows how things work in this family! He loves his little friend Ben. They came over for dinner one night and played and had so much fun. The next morning the first thing Max said was 'Ben?' Ben let Max borrow a toy (Max really just wouldn't give it up so Ben didn't really have a choice) and the whole time he had it at home he would say Ben's, Ben's.

He is growing up so fast. He has gone potty twice (in the toilet), is loving nursery, loves playing with other friends, drinking out of cups (with minor spills)and using utensils, folding his arms and closing his eyes during prayers and brushing his teeth. So much fun! Speaking of growing up I have wanted to post this picture of my Dad and Max doing yard work together. This picture reminds me SO much of my brother Jonathan. My dad use to do the same thing with him when he was little. It was quit weird to remember the way Jonathan looked in the 'pack-pack' and then to see my own child in it too blond hair and everything!

4 comments:

Noelle said...

I wish I could've been in your Sacrament meeting! That's hilarious! We miss you guys!

Ritch in Love said...

Oh Boy that Boy Loves Airplanes!
Love that you had to clarify for us readers that he has gone potty twice (in the toilet). LOL
Sounds like life is good for ya'll!
No worries about not blogging for awhile...blogvacations are a must for many!

Orme Family said...

I love reading about Max. I can tell he is going to be a spiritual giant. It was fun talking to you in Hawaii. I think I am the only person in Michigan with a tan. What am I doing in this cold weather? Actually, I still love the snow, it would be hard to leave it.

suzi said...

Max is the man! He is so cute.
You look great and it sounds like you've been having fun with little Max... don't you LOVE those laughing moments?! They're the best. When are you going to be here again?