7.16.2009

Alligators and Amebas

I have been preparing for another triathlon lately and with it finally around the corner I have been doing a lot of mental run throughs. How much time I need to drive down to Orlando, unpacking my things from the car, fixing a flat tire before the race, setting up in the transition area, getting dressed and undressed, etc. etc. When I think about all that my heart just starts to race! I am very excited...except...I was under the impression that it was bad to swim in the rivers and lakes out here. Ummm, alligators...and ummm, what about amebas?? Does anyone else out here worry about that? Maybe I am a little paranoid. They wouldn't have hundreds of people swimming in a lake if it wasn't safe would they? I mean I have swam in a lake before. And practicing in a clean (sort of) chlorinated swimming pool is one thing, but warm Florida, alligator and ameba, green lake? It just keeps getting bigger and bigger in my head alliGATOR...amEBA. Maybe I should invest in those nose pincher things and some ear plugs. Once the whistle starts I know that I won't think about because I will be to busy trying not to drown and get kicked in the face. I can't wait! I am to excited. I think my heart rate is at 160 right now just typing this. I am going to go cool down now...I will let you know how it goes.

6 comments:

Kurtis said...

Oh my gosh! I'm terrified for you just thinking about it! But really excited that you're doing a triathlon! Good Luck!

Noelle said...

That was Noelle above!

Dane and Alicia said...

Good luck with the Triathalon! Don't worry, the alligators won't bite unless you kick them or poke them with a stick :)

Stewart Family said...

Wow! That is crazy exciting! Good luck, can't wait to hear how it goes :o)

Kristine said...

I can't wait to hear about it! I was so scared running out in front of your house after all the alligator stories! Hey, will you send me the link to the relay? I forgot the name.

suzi said...

Maybe just stay in the middle of people during the swimming part and let the alligators eat them first. By the time they get to you in the middle you'll have finished the swimming part and can get out of the water. As for the Ameba part... just drink lots of bottled Cokes after the race! Seriously, those'll kill of whatever thought would join you!

I'm so excited for you and can't wait to hear how it goes!